Plank Challenge 2023

The plank challenge has finally ended! But what exactly was the plank challenge? Well, on October 24, 2023, C period Language Arts planked for 30 seconds. 30 seconds. That’s it. Every day, for the rest of the week, we planked for 30 seconds. The week after that, 45 seconds. After that, 1 minute. After that, 1 minute 15 seconds. We kept doing this until we got up to 2 minutes 15 seconds. Finally, on December 14, 2023, everybody went in the middle of the room and planked for as long as they could.

I only planked for 3 minutes, but I definitely could have gone longer. The plank challenge was also an example of a daily habit, which is, well, a habit that you do everyday. If you choose a good daily habit, it will have a compound effect. For example, the plank challenge. Every week, we planked for a certain amount of time and got used to planking that long. Next week, we planked a little bit more and got used to that amount of time. This kept going until we were able to plank 2 minutes and beyond!

Getting up to 2 minutes was hard. You had to plank almost every day or you would start back at square one. I tried to plank every day when we didn’t have Language Arts, but without reminders, I forgot to plank over the many breaks we had. For example, on Thanksgiving break. I was at my grandparents beach cottage, and there was so much going on that I forgot to plank when I was there. Hopefully my next habit will go better. It is to do 10 pushups every day and I chose this because I want to keep doing something strength related, and I can do it almost anywhere.