Camp Kirkwood

Last Wednesday, the whole sixth grade headed to Camp Kirkwood with the imminent danger of Hurricane Idalia trailing close behind. The bus ride there was two hours long with three separate buses. I was on bus 1. Not much happened during the first part, except people eating and sleeping, but after we stopped at a rest stop, it got crazy. All the girls in the front were singing random Taylor Swift songs as loud as they could and all the boys in the back were trying to summon “Ice Spice” by putting Takis in an ice filled water bottle. Meanwhile, I was stuck in the middle just wanting to get to camp and eat lunch. 

We did many activities at Camp Kirkwood, but out of all of them, the V–Swing was my favorite. We started at the flagpole, and started heading toward the pool, but when we were about to get there, we turned right and went into the woods! When we got there, we were in a clearing with the V–Swing right in front of us. What did the V–Swing look like? Well, in the middle of the clearing, there was a big rope that went up and along a steel cable, down a wooden pole, and finally to the ground. When you got attached to the rope, everybody else pulled on the part that was on the ground, which lifted you up and to the side as high as you wanted to go or to the top. Once you stop, you count to three and pull a green handle which sends you swinging through the air! When it was my turn, I was a little nervous, but I went all the way to the top. I counted to three and pulled the green handle. Whoosh! I went flying and had so much fun! Overall, I had a great time at Camp Kirkwood and would gladly go again.